Welcome to the 2nd installment of my “How to Make Homemade Baby Food Series“, Banana Baby Food.
- 4 – 6 Bananas
- 1 – 3 ounces Formula or Breast Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Rice Cereal
- Break 4 – 6 bananas into chunks and drop them into your food processor.
- Turn your food processor on low. The bananas should be liquified enough when the bananas are completely pureed but if they aren’t, slowly add formula or breast milk an ounce at a time until you are satisfied with the consistency (I don’t normally add any formula because I like the consistency it is by itself). You want it to be very smooth (with no chunks, because your baby probably doesn’t have teeth yet so she won’t be able to chew any chunks … you don’t want this to be a choking hazard), but not runny.
- Because bananas oxidize pretty quickly, you want to freeze this mixture. I use ice trays because each ice cube hole is about an ounce, which will make measuring out your baby’s food later much easier. Spoon the food into each ice cube hole of the tray. In the photo above, I used 6 bananas and got the tray full.
- Place your tray into the freezer ASAP for at least 3 hours or until completely frozen through.
- After your baby food is frozen, you can then remove it from the trays by the cube and store it in the freezer in storage bowls or (I use) a large 40 gallon zip lock bag.
- When you are ready to use the baby food, just remove a cube (or 2, depending on how much you are feeding your baby) and place it in a feeding bowl, nuke it for about 30 seconds and VOILA, it’s that easy! Here is where I like to add a teaspoon of rice cereal per cube of bananas (it’s important to add it after you nuke it … for some reason it messes up the consistency if you try to add it before you microwave it) because I like it to be a little pastier.
I got this recipe and many others from a website called Wholesome Baby Food. Now that you have avocado and banana baby food already made, you can take 1 cube of avocado and 1 cube of banana and mix it together. It’s delicious and both of my babies loved it too.
Stay tuned for more homemade baby food recipes in this series.
PLEASE TAKE ONE SECOND TO VOTE FOR ME!!! All you need to do is click on the banner in the sidebar to the right to register a vote for me! You can vote one time every 24 hours from every computer and cell phone! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate your support!