I don’t care how you found this page, I’m just glad you found it. I hope that what I am about to share with you motivates you in a positive way that you will take the next steps in changing your lifestyle.
Why “Perfectly Imperfect”?
I’m going to get straight to the point … I grew up in a less-than-perfect perfectly-dysfunctional family. Almost everything that you could imagine going wrong in a child’s life happened in mine: molestation, domestic abuse, divorce, physical abuse, alcoholism, date rape. The only thing I ever wanted when I was a child was to have my own perfect family. I promised myself that when I had children, the best way to raise them would be to do the opposite of what my parents did. I waited late in life (for the “perfect” circumstance) to have children. After 1 miscarriage, I had my first just 2 years ago & had them back to back. Now, I am the proud mommy of two beautiful baby girls. I was so afraid of the increased risk of Downs Syndrome after the age of 40, that I wanted to have them before my 40th birthday. It’s been 9 months now and I am feeling so disgusted with the way my body looks that I can barely enjoy my blessings.
I am telling you this story because I finally realized that I have to accept all of my imperfect flaws before I am ever going to be able to fully commit to this lifestyle that will change the things that I am able to change.
Yes, I still have a poochy belly 9 months after I had my last child … but you know what … I am almost 40 years old and 40 year old skin just doesn’t have the elasticity that 20 year old skin has … it’s going to take me a little long to get rid of this.
Yes, I have cellulite all over my legs and bottom … I can change that.
No, my body doesn’t look anything like it did 4 years ago (before I started having babies) … I can change most of that.
I am not perfect … no one is. To quote one of my idols, Jillian Michaels,
Nobody is perfect, so get over the fear of being or doing everything perfectly. Besides, perfect is boring. Today, instead of picking yourself apart in the mirror or with friends over drinks, start seeing your “imperfections” as unique traits that give you character and dimension—because that’s exactly what they are.
What is the Perfectly Imperfect Fitness Challenge?
After you’ve looked in the mirror, examined & reexamined your body, remembered what it once was or what you wish it was, and finally accepted the things you can change about it … decide to take this challenge with me and everyone else here … let us support you in your Perfectly Imperfect journey.
What you will get from me/us?
- Motivation – To help motivate you, I will host monthly fitness/diet related giveaways. It may be a gift card to Academy, a free month at your local gym, a free month with a diet program, or something similar.
- Support – I will send you a reminder email every week asking for your photos and workout/diet routine for that week as well as some encouraging words and/or photos.
- Accountability – In order to qualify for the monthly giveaways, you must do the following:
- Follow us on Facebook.
- Submit your information (a name-it can be a nickname or fist name only, valid email address, and your starting stats-age, weight, goal weight, and a bio as to what brought you here and what your goals are). With this information I will create a page for you. You may also include any of your personal social media pages (Facebook page, Pinterest boards, Twitter, etc.) so that others can follow your journey. Believe it or not, being an inspiration to someone else may be just as much of a reward for you that your own accomplishments.
- Every week, you will need to send in your front & side pose photos (you don’t have to show your face) which I will post on your page. I know I’m asking you to be very brave here. This is the best way for you and others to see the progress you are making and your accomplishments. Please include whatever your workout/diet plant was, and please be honest. This will help others that may be following the same plans. If you do not submit your photos & info every week, you will NOT qualify for the giveaway for that month.
I am creating individual pages for you so that others can see your journey, successes and set-backs, and be inspired by you. Everyone’s body is different … what works for one person, may not work for another due to a number of things (body type, injuries, health issues). That’s why we need you to be honest when sending in your weekly workout/diet info. If you change up your routine, no big deal. That will help someone else down the road that may be considering something that didn’t work for you.
I encourage you to communicate with each other. Your journey is your journey and only you can live it and begin to understand it. However, someone may relate to something they experienced that you did too.
Be kind to yourself. Be the best YOU you can be … you never know who you are inspiring.
So, without further adieu …
I am Reagan. I am imperfect, and this is my journey …