Baked Potato, Bean, bean chili, Black, Chili, Crock-Pot, dinner, Easy, Elbow Pasta, Firehouse, Food, Four, Ground Beef, Ground Turkey, Kidney, ranch style beans, recipe, Red, red kidney beans, Rice, Saltine, Share, Shredded Cheese, Slow Cooker, Sour Cream, Spicy
Easy Crock Pot Firehouse Four Bean Chili
- 2 pounds of ground beef (you can also use ground turkey)
- 1 can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of light red kidney beans
- 1 can of dark red kidney beans
- 1 can of hot Rotel
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1/2 onion chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. cummin
- 3 heaping tbsp. chili powder
- 3-4 cups of water
- Drain the black beans, light red kidney beans, and dark red kidney beans and pour into the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients to the crock pot EXCEPT the meat and turn on high.
- Slowly brown the meat in a saucepan on low – medium heat. You want to be able to separate the meat well so that you don’t have big chunks of it in your chili.
- Drain cooked meat and add it to the crock pot. Cook for 4 – 6 hours adding water as needed.
- Serve piping hot alone, over rice, over small elbow pasta, or over a baked potato. Some additional toppings you may want to add are saltines, shredded cheese, sour cream, and freshly cut chives.
Warning: I have a a big 8 quart crock pot and this makes the whole pot full. I usually separate it and freeze some so that my husband and I can eat it for several meals.